Mystified in Surrey, England



 I think my son is having serious reservations about our move to England. He is mystified by my new hobby, "drive-by photography". Surrey is in all it's glory, spring is everywhere and I feel like I will miss it if I do not take action, soon. After 10 years in the Southern Hemisphere, where the transition of the seasons was based on the leaf activity of our garden hedge, I think I deserve this time to soak it all in. 
Unfortuntately, the traffic in and around London has not been as swift as I would like. So here you go, my first session at 'drive-by photography'. All you need to do is sit in a traffic jam, roll down the window, point and shoot. Mind you, I have discovered a few things. Rolling forward or reversing to get the perfect angle will not always be appreciated by fellow drivers. Stopping in the middle of a road that you think is free of traffic is not a good idea either. Cars can appear quickly. Lastly, be sure to pay attention to traffic in front of you. Missing a light in peak traffic hours is not appreciated!


Images by Jeanne Henriques

3 comments:

  1. That's what I like Jeanne - a girl who lives dangerously...! I love the idea of drive by photography - I feel much the same as you - if you blink you'll miss it so you have to have that camera at the ready at all times! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drive by shootings Jeanne? lol! I do them too, but only if someone else is driving. Some of my favorite shots were taken going way too fast and I don't know how I even got them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Esher and at one stage had definite ambitions to live there (we lived just by Kingston on Thames).
    It looks so pretty in your spring pics!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget