Beauty and Light: Salisbury Cathedral




Power, beauty and light are three words 
that came to mind as I stood in Salisbury Cathedral.  
When I toured museums and cathedrals throughout Europe 
in my 20's my thoughts were on how many hours 
it would be before we could hit the town.

 Now....much older and wiser, 
I stand in awe, not wanting to leave. 
The peace, serenity, beauty and light embrace you. 
It is majestic and all powerful. 
You can feel what came before you 
and can't help but imagine. 
Now, if only my children 
had that same sense of wonder.....









Images~Jeanne Henriques

3 comments:

  1. I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day, they will. They are the most inspiring spaces. It's the grace and the glory ... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne ~ Thank you, thank you for posting these beautiful photos of Salisbury Cathedral...I visited there several years ago, but did not have a good - or even a digital - camera, so did not take any photos of that impressive place! I so enjoyed yours...Cassandra ♥

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget