The Elegance of a Hat


Is there anything lovelier in summer than a woman in a hat?
I love hats....
You can be whoever you want in a hat.



The English surely know that when Ascot comes to town.
Everyone and everything comes out for show.





Even in days gone by, women loved their hats. 
I wonder how these were perceived in their day?



Today, anything goes.
It is the beauty of it all, the pageantry,
the ability to say 'this is me'.





I am thinking pink at the moment..


How about you?
Would you fancy any of these gorgeous creations?

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

7 comments:

  1. I have to say that I LOVE hats - and I wish we wore them more nowadays as an everyday accessory! Your collection of photos are wonderful Jeanne. Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeanne! i have been enjoying your blog for several weeks (since i heard about it from my mom) so i was quite excited to hear from you, thanks!
    i love hats, by the way -- i think it takes such guts to wear one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of hats! I've only ever worn a 'dressy' hat once, to a wedding, and I confess I loved it. Wasn't so thrilled with my hair once I took it off, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jeanne! I love hats too; and I thoroughly enjoyed this posting - you have selected some of the LOVELIEST! I am sending your posting to some of my friends who are also hat-lovers...thank you, thank you! Cassandra ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cassandra...I love hats, I wish I could wear them all. I have to admit I do not get a chance to wear the dress up versions much but give me any other wide brimmed hat...winter or summer and I am there.

    I appreciate everyone's comments here...so nice to know there are others who share this fascination with hats!

    Marilyn's is my favourite..I am still trying to figure out what is happening here. I think it is a rose draped off the side which happens to meet up with the big flower on her shoulder....another fascination of mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hats!! I wish I could wear them, But I think my head is tooo big! I think I look silly. I can pull off a baseball cap look. But I have to leave the glamorous hats to the film stars and those of you with a petite melons, giggle, wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget