Snapshot of a Day: Pimlico and Sloane Square


I took myself into the city for a little 'photo assignment'. 
Having 'a play' is what I call it.
Just looking for the unusual and the curious.
A snapshot of a day.

It was a quiet day...


I never thought that would be possible in London.


I wandered from the warm red terracotta around Sloane Square to the 
cool white buildings of Pimlico...



Happily following one person then another....


Stopping to enjoy the colour...


with a dash into my favourite store, Daylesford Organic, to grab a few goodies.



You may have noticed that I have a thing for bicycles and see the beauty in every curve.
I like this basket :)

I wandered to the Thames to find this statue, 'Jete' by Enzo Plazzotta.


An interesting contrast to the Henry Moore exhibit that I stopped in to see at the Tate Britain next door.

Recumbent figure by Henry Moore

Six months on, I am still Finding My Way and enjoying every turn :)

images~me 
with exception of Henry Moore figure

8 comments:

  1. Sloane Square. Such lovely streets to wander down. My favourite hotel just around the corner, with barrels of apples outside the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect day ... hope you popped in to Emma Hope (sale now on I've been informed by an email!). Love Daylesford Organic - you have to visit the one in the country in Gloucestershire too if you get a chance Jeanne... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! I wouldn't expect to see such quiet in London. Love your beautiful photos Jeanne, and how you find beauty in every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect day. Did you get a good cup of tea along the way? I miss England.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog on journaling today. I so agree with you, that blogging is a form a journaling.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, these pictures are so lovely! I've just been in Edinburgh for a whole month (blog results are hidden in my garden-blog Gardening in High Heels, June; but now I have started a less theme-oriented blog "You are witty and pretty"). I use photographs like a sketch-book. And I will follow you, finding your way! (One always does) Like to see you! Britta

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful neighborhoods! I wish we would have had more time to wander when we were there, but alas - too busy being tourists! I envy you the nice architecture....American buildings are so blah in comparison. I do have to admit that I would miss the green of lawns here, though I suppose that's why the wealthy had both town houses and country houses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings Jeanne,

    I love the photographic essay. It felt like going out on a walk with you and after seeing the photographs, I feel I miss Europe.

    Wishing you all the best,
    Egmont

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you've really caught some of the soul of London here...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget