Philip de László


I saw this portrait at Glamis Castle in Scotland last week.
It is Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother as a young bride in 1925.
I was standing in the bedroom where she spent part of her honeymoon.
I assume it is a copy of the painting but either way...it is a stunning portrait.

The work of Philip de László can be seen at the National Portrait Gallery thru
5  September 2010.  

I am not certain if the following portraits are included but I imagine 
the following paintings are just as beautiful in person. 


Queen Marie of Romania, 1924


Winifred Cavendish-Bentinck, 
Duchess of Portland, 1912



Images: 1, 2 and 3


3 comments:

  1. What beautiful women you have shared with us today......thanks for stopping by and becoming follower.

    I look forward to getting to know you.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmm........ beautiful, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to see a picture of the Queen Mum, when she was so young.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget