Finding My Way...Again



One of the follies of trying to 'find my way' is that
I frequently get lost. I set off on Saturday morning
in search of a playing field to watch my son's soccer match.
It was when someone mentioned...'look for the unmarked road and turn left'
that I knew I was going to be in trouble. Lucky for me, I sent my son
ahead with his Dad.

Of course, I passed the unmarked road, as you do, when you
have cars behind you who are not happy with you
travelling at a snail's pace looking for a
mysterious road.

But then, a funny thing happened along the way to the playing fields.
I pulled into what I discovered to be one of many 
unmarked roads and came across a charming church.

 One minute I was cursing English country roads 
and the next minute I was sitting in front of a church.
Was someone trying to tell me something?
Before I knew it I was out of the car and wandering around.
 The clock was ticking but I just had to see.



What is that expression, I was lost but now I am found?
Must have been those few moments of peace because 
finding the playing fields from the church was a snap.


Dad and son were happy to see Mom drive up the road.
Mom was happy too :)

Note to self...never leave home without a post code for the navigating system!

images~me

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes one finds the most unexpected things when "lost".....love the purple striped uniforms.

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found the place in the end Jeanne and what a beautiful church to see on the way. x

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget