Snowy Night, London Lights and King's College Choir


We bundled ourselves up last night
and took the night ride into London.
Our destination was the Royal Albert Hall 
for the Christmas Festival  featuring

The girls and I decided to brave the weather 
take in the sights before the show.
The boys arrived via train just 
before the show started.

Can you guess who had more fun?
Christmas lights in Trafalgar Square



A Christmas window at Fortnum and Mason


Miss Christine and Miss Claire at the sight
of snow alongside The Milestone Hotel in Kensington.


and a  pre-show picture taken at the Royal Albert Hall.

Mr. H has been a fan of the King's College Choir 
for as long as I can remember. He was thrilled to see them in person.
Honestly, the event was pure magic. It reminded me that perfect balance 
of wind chimes on a summers night. It was so peaceful that it 
actually put me to sleep, for just a little while :)



"The Choir owes its existence to King Henry VI, who envisaged the daily singing of services 
in his magnificent chapel. This remains the Choir's raison d'ĂȘtre, and is an important part 
of the lives of its 16 choristers, who are educated on generous scholarships at King's College School,
 and the 14 choral scholars and two organ scholars, who study a variety of subjects in the College."
via website
Snowy nights and London Light images~ me
Kings College Choir here
You Tube 
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. What a magical night for your family. I have only been to London in the summertime and always thought it would be amazing during the holidays.

    Your pictures are a delight.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up a few street behind that Hotel - can't help but love Kensington! Glad you had such fun, Belinda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy Christmas Jeanne.....xv

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous post! We had our Christmas day lunch at the Milestone two Christmases ago! I wish I was there in London too! I really need to get back to London asap.

    Best wishes to you and your family this Christmas. Enjoy every minute of the love, peace and joy it brings!

    Christmas cheers,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful. Wishing you and the family a wonderful Christmas Jeanne. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all these peaks into your London Christmas. Lovely, lovely. Well, I didn't get here in time for Christmas, but I wanted to stop by and wish you the merriest of Christmas seasons. I hope the day itself was wonderful and I hope that the coming week is full of joy. May you find laughter with friends, affection and joy with family, short return lines, and lots of great deals during after-school shopping. Merry, happy, joyous New year!! Much love, Relyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Very Happy New Year to you Jeanne! I've just finished watching Cranford, Lark Rise to Candleford, Little Dorrit....now on to Downton Abbey.
    (I have a lot of free time at the moment!)
    Ilse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, thank you so much for sharing! I heard a recording of the King's College Choir on NPR over here in the states. It's breathtaking just listening to it; I can't even imagine the beauty of being there! Thanks for sharing that experience with us. P.S. found you by way of Laura at Happy Homemaker UK

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget