My Indigenous World and George Smith


I live in an indigenous world....thanks to Mr. H.
 Give the man a six foot hand carved totem, a few spots of leopard 
or an original ceremonial mask and he is one happy man. 

It makes for interesting living to say the very least.
I have decided to try and use this to my advantage. 
I spied with my little eye...a SALE at George Smith 
and casually mentioned that this kilim chair would be 
the perfect compliment to his menagerie.
Hallelujah, I got a curious glance !
SO...I am off to check it out.



This room makes me weak at the knees 
but I have to be careful
as I know Mr. H would see that zebra skin rug 
and be hot to trot for it.


This would do for him...

via Forbes and My Deco

and these would do for me :)


ah... I just love these tufted beauties.
 I see them and think 'shaken, not stirred' :)




George Smith will be holding their 
Winter Sale from 15 January- 5 February 2011. 
They are offering 50% on stock pieces as well as 
20% off new orders and 25% off their fabrics.
You can view stock on their website www.georgesmith.co.uk
George Smith Furniture and Fabrics
587-589 Kings Road SW6
Phone: 020 7384 1004



8 comments:

  1. Just fantastic, Jeanne!In my imagination Mr. H. is like John Wayne or Hardy Krüger (do you know this german actor?) in the movie *Hatari*! Rough men, heroes in our eyes...willing to face the danger and the wilderness of the african bush! :))
    My heart is beaten for both styles!I like the wonderful and elegant chairs you have choosen, but must admit, I have a weekness for these stunning *ethno* objects...
    The kelim chair is just eye candy!

    Have a successful *shopping* weekend...Beate :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the joys of holy matrimony :).

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Jeanne - I adore these George Smith Kilim Chairs!! Remember I blogged about George Smith a while back and showed my Kilim chair I got from Istanbul? Do let us know if you get one - actually you will be feeling the waves of envy flowing from Melbourne to Surrey before you tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah...I do remember your chair and thought of it when I read about the sale. I love your chair!! It came up when I did a Google Search on George Smith...I imagine lots of other people are loving it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beate...I can tell you Mr. H will be grinning from ear to ear when I mention your comment. He is a huge fan of John Wayne and I am sure knows of Hardy Kruger too. When I first met him all those years ago he mentioned that he loved the old Tarzan movies. I knew I was going to be in for a few surprises right then and there :)

    Glenda...you summed it all up perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELLO i guess i need to go to sleep now... of course i LOVE your blog and i so apologize... my sweet friend jeanne...... xx pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I have looked longingly at these kilim chairs many times...
    Thanks for directing me to your blog - I feel a meander coming on!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK and I picture MR. H as a Cary Grant type...tall, dark and handsome and a sense of adventure and humor with you the beautiful lady by his side! As for the kilim chair...love the one with the leather seat,...ummm to die for!!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget