Peeping @ The British Museum

I have been to the British Museum a few times and each time
I have taken in just a few rooms. The collection is so vast it seems impossible to
see it all in a day. I knew if I tried I would not have been able to do this.
Just focus..on the detail.

Today the focus was on sculpture...
just a few pieces.

Roman, 2nd century AD
On loan from her Majesty the Queen
Room 23, Sculpture

The following can be seen in Room 18, Greece: Parthenon





Room 21, Mausoleum of Halikarnassos

Bronze head of a goddess, probably Aphrodite
Room 22, Alexander the Great

Main Hall in the Museum.

If you have a chance to go to the British Museum, take your camera 
and look closely. You will discover the most amazing details. 
A museum to love :)

images~me


11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post...Lely's Venus is one of my favorites! She was my blog header for awhile. I love your blog as well...found you via HollyGoLightly...following now...k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is definitely in the details and you've captured some beauties here Jeanne.

    What a luxury to be able to spend time in the presence of such wonderful antiquities, pondering the people, time and places that they have been touched by.

    One day Jeanne, one day......but until that day comes, thank you for sharing them with us today.

    Felicity xx

    I love the movement in each photo you've posted today, particularly the last one of the glass ceiling. I'm going to go all philosophical and say it's a thoughtful touch on International Women's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The British Museum - always a must when visiting London. Funny how we have been drawn to many of the same things:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband's favourite London museum. Gorgeous post, Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you fully enjoy and explore the areas where you live, Jeanne. I really enjoy the British Library . . . have you been there yet?

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to the British Museum for a few years - def time to go back! I love the unbelievably real body of Venus, little love handles and all - can imagine the model sitting on the floor. Amazing skill, thank you for the gift of a post on my birthday!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't been to London for a few years. The Museum is just wonderful - always so much to see.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't he have a noble face, the statue at the Mausoleum of Halikarnassos? I am glad you enjoyed your day at the British Museum. Although I like it, it's not my top place to go *she whispers* - something about stones, statues and marbles that make me feel chilly. But that impressive roof... they also do rather fine cake. Not that I'm partial to cake, of course. *looks innocent*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! I haven't visited the British Museum in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time I travel to London, I visit this museum. It's fabulous and I could spend weeks wandering around inside. Lovely visit, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget