If you live in Monmouthshire....


If you live in Monmouthshire, I am very envious!! On June 18, garden designer, Arne Manyard is opening his garden, Allt-y-Bela for a single evening perfomrance of Romeo and Juliet by the Living Willow Theatre company. Guests are invited to bring a picnic to eat in the garden before the performance starts. A perfect summer's evening, rain or shine, is sure to be had. It sounds like heaven to me....Details, here.


Even better, various day courses 
will be held at Allt-y-Bela in June, including: 

The Scented Garden, on June 21; 
Topiary, Pleached Trees, Hedges and Knots, on June 22;
Orchards and Wildflower Meadows, on June 23. 
Course information, here

When I moved to England over a year ago, I enjoyed gardening
but never thought I would get quite so excited about it. When I
read about this event in House and Garden UK magazine, it was a 
'stop the press' moment for me. I just had to share in the hopes
that someone will attend and tell me all about it!

The garden designs of Arne Maynard are all inspiring.
Visit his website for more, here.


Details of event via June 2011 issue of House and Garden

6 comments:

  1. Looks such a beautiful garden Jeanne, no wonder you would like to go. But a bit closer to you, you could go on one of Sarah Raven's gardening day courses - they are wonderful and I am sure you would enjoy one. She has a lovely garden in East Sussex. (from Semi Expat Sarah x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious! I am so in love with that first picture - it's just beautiful. A perfect English scene.

    Thank you for sharing this , now I too am envious of those in Monmouthshire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jeanne:
    What a wonderful occasion this promises to be.

    Arne Maynard is, of course, one of the principal garden designers of our times. His gardens, which combine a strong structure with informal plantings, are deeply rooted in the English tradition but have a modern, cutting edge to them so that they could never be considered staid.

    In the few years he has been in Monmouthshire, since his move from Norfolk, he has created a superb garden in next to no time. Well, well worth a visit. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A performance of "Romeo and Juliet" in that gorgeous garden setting seems too good to be true. How I wish I could attend. The other garden pictures are beautiful. I had not heard of Arne Maynard and will now look him up. He is obviously very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful setting...oh my...I wish I were there.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of Arne Maynard, maybe i'll get there one day. In the meantime thank you for the swoony pictures!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget