Shopping at a Midsummer Fair in England


Last weekend I went along to the Wealden Times 
Midsummer Fair in Kent. 
I wrote about it here. It was bigger and grander than 
I imagined with lots of great vendors. 
I am sharing the love today. Let's go shopping!



I have had a few people ask me about this red cape.
I took a quick snap in the breeze.





What I could not pass up is another market basket.
I love the long handles on this one. 




I wish Pamela from From The House of Edward was
with me on this one. She would have loved
this shop. For all things mysterious, beautiful 
and wonderful, shop at Devotion.



Loved these Hammamas. A sarong with a difference.
You have to shop here if you are looking for beach chic this summer!
Shop at Hammamas.





There was a whole lot of love happening around these Ballet Pumps.
There are lots more to have a look at. Shop at Mandarina Shoes.




They were just as beautiful close up. Irish Throws woven
in traditional woolen mills.  Shop at Roothies.





Everything about this store is beautiful and it is located in
Hawkhurst, Kent. An English beauty.



Looking for a space to call your own?
How about a shepherd's hut?
A idyllic garden retreat!
Shop at Court and Hunt.





I always like to save the best for last. My reason for being at the fair,
the fabulously talented Sharon at My French Country Home 
and her lovely daughter, Ella. A treat! Shop at My French Country Brocante.

Images from the shop as noted.
The second and last were taken by me :)

8 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things! I can't believe all of this color and loveliness exists. The red cape is very red-riding hood by the way. Love it...

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Irish throws and the red cape are so beautiful. What treasures you discovered at this country fair. Thanks for all the links, I will be checking them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne,

    I am so jealous, I would love one of those little gypsy wagons, and all of those Irish throws and the pink/fuschia scarf and coat!

    What did you treat yourself to?

    Also, how is your daughter?

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 15, 2011

    THX for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely.. know this part of England very well as we lived there around 10 years ago. Gorgeous shops... were my friends Foxhole Antiques there I wonder? They are situated in Hurst Green about 3 miles from Hawkhurst - you would have LOVED their shop. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling place! I absolutely LOVE your photographs. It does my heart good just to see such lovely little things :)

    -Abby
    www.picturebritain.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got a huge case of the wanties reading this lovely post! Thanks for sharing so many goodies! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this gypsy wagon , love the atmosphere and the colors

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget