Expat Women: Confessions


On my iPad, a new book by Andrea Martins and 
to read and comment on this book and was happy to do so. The request could not
have come at a better time with move # six sits before us.  
The book covers just about everything.
Here is a sample....

Settling In: 
culture shock, trailing spouses, 
clubs, making fiends, household help,
transitioning quickly

Career and Money: 
work-life balance, loss of career,
financial difficulties, starting a business

Raising Children: 
pregnancy, adoption, teenagers, 
special needs, bilingual children,
empty nest

Relationships:
trailing man, intercultural couples, 
divorce, infidelity, when one wants to go home

Mixed Emotions:
holiday sadness, retiring abroad,
aging parents, medical treatment abroad,
friends back home

Repatriation:
sudden exit, visa expiry,
reverse culture shock

I have added the book to my summer reading collection. It is the perfect sort of book
for my iPad for it is one that I see myself referring to in the years to come.
If you are considering an expat life, are new to the expat phenomenon, 
are a well seasoned expat or are in the throws of ' heading home' 
after many years away, you will find this book helpful.

New to Expat Women
It is a great site, you can read about the book 
and this informative site, here

9 comments:

  1. It's something I think I would like to try one time, at least for a year, but work precludes this for both my husband and myself ... but I think you are very brave, my friend.

    Oh, and my lovely prize arrived today - I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pass this great info on to my daughter, Christy, who is moving to Bicester on Aug 13.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really great, and sounds like it covers just about everything. You are so lucky to preview it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne, I just wanted to thank you personally for not only taking the time to read our new book, but also taking the time to shout-out about it on your blog. It's truly appreciated and I thank you very, very much! Best wishes for your weekend! Andrea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to me that this book would be a really important guide, especially for those making the move for the first time. It's like having a child, you can never know how it will change you, change your life until you do it. Having a resource like this, I imagine, would make it a bit easier!

    The chapter titled "When One of You Wants to Go Home" made me a bit sad...! How hard that would be!

    good luck with move #6!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jeanne, where are you moving next? I know that wherever it is, you will bring to it your sense of adventure, positive attitude, and a brand new blog, if I know you! Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me want to be an Ex-Pat woman! Sounds so dreamy and romantic! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are you moving to this time? We are also at the beginnings of a move situation. It will either be staying in Houston or international. Know anything about Perth, Australia???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! didn't realize they had written book . I used to write for their website about 7 years ago!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget