Creating in the Cotswolds


I recently discovered the work of Vanessa Arbuthnott, a very talented designer. I only wish I had the home to compliment her beautiful creations. Thinking that some of you might, I thought I would introduce you. Vanessa started her business ten years ago with an idea, a few samples and her trusty pinking sheers. She had four active children and a loyal team to support her business goals.


The Cotswold countryside is where she lives and serves as inspiration for her designs.  She has nine collections, each sounding better than the last, Hand Printed, Meadow, Earth, Cockerel, Wildflower, Seaside, Garden, Woodland and Sky. With this she adds her signature colours...teal, pidgeon, spinach, buttercup, limestone, clay, damson, duck egg, stone, raspberry, mushroom, cornflower, straw and lettuce. It all sounds as good as it looks.


I think the rest speaks for itself.






It warms my heart to see women move forward with an idea and make it happen. I think Vanessa has done that in spades. My hat goes off to her. :)

To see more of the Vanessa Arbuthnott range, click here.
Images via Vanessa Arbuthnott

10 comments:

  1. Jeanne,

    I love these fabrics! I wish that I could find a place for these in my own house. I also love women that promote other women, we all need to be one anothers cheerleaders.

    Happy 4th of July!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So deliciously English.
    Good for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love all the names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has a lovely style sense and her names are delightful. So glad she's done well and her family supports her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanne, I love her fabrics! One day I will do an office for myself, and make it very feminine and English. I will remember to look at her things. These images are so lovely and the Cotswolds is one of my favorite places in the world. I would love to bring that feeling into my home. Thanks for sharing this. xx
    Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so beautiful. I am always amazed at someone who has the skills to create and market.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 06, 2011

    Ladylike Post. This record helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 09, 2011

    why not...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi lovely lady.
    I love coming over to see all your lovely post.. I love your Tablescape in your Gerden so sweet.. I also love having a dinner for two in my gerden. I did a post two weeks ago (Romantic Dinner for Two )did you see it? I also love your Butterfly stamp...I wish I had one like the one you have!!!! I also miss your lovely comments. I hope you and your lovely family have a Great Weekend
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a talented woman, these are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget