Crossing the English Channel


Looking back at the entrance to Cherbourg Harbour.


One of the great things about living in England is the easy access to Europe. We are on a two week holiday in the Loire Valley, France. Getting here from Surrey, England was relatively easy. We packed our car, drove one hour to Portsmouth, hopped on the ferry for a three hour ride to port in Cherbourg, France and we were there. We travelled via Brittany Ferries. 


To set the mood, I listened to a few songs by Charles Trenet.


Once off the ferry, Mr. H had the challenge of adapting a right hand drive car to a left hand driving situation. I admit, it was more challenging for me than him. I sat in the center of the road, gripping my seat for dear life and while he drove hugging the curb. Once we realised that this was an everyday occurrence on European roads we settled right into a natural rhythm and I finally managed to let go of the seat.

We made our way to Chateau d' Audrieu in Lower Normandy, arriving in the evening.

To read more, click here

I make a habit of photographing the view from our window in every hotel we stay in around the world. Some have been memorable and some not. The image below was a welcome sight on  Saturday morning. After breakfast we made our way around the garden and extensive grounds of the chateau. It was a brief visit but well worth the stay.


From our window...
A view of Chateau Adrieu.
A lovely white garden at Chateau Adrieu.


Gardens at Chateau Audrieu.
A maid's walk.

Saying goodbye to Chateau Audrieu we packed up the car once again
and set our sights on the next stop on our list....


My French travels....

Return to Collage of Life

images~me

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to enjoy tagging along on this adventure, I can just tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place you have chosen for your holiday. Enjoy each moment.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jeanne.....lucky you on this wonderful journey. I'll enjoy seeing what you have to share.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like heaven! Yes, the driving situation:-) I was recently in Yorkshire and acted just like you - it's terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I will stay tuned to read your ongoing reports from France. What a great trip you should have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to tag along with you, hope you don't mind;-) You will hardly notice I am there!
    I am doing the same thing on my blog, with our trip to Cilento Coast in Italy. Sherry Kelaidis

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget