Glamour of the Gods



I went along on Saturday to view the 
 'Glamour of the Gods' exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery.
I started to jot down a few of my favourites for this post
but quickly realised it was impossible. I was writing down every image.

Mary Pickford
Lillian Gish
Louise Brooks
Charlie Chaplin
Greta Garbo
Jean Harlow
Buster Keaton
Joan Crawford
Cary Grant
Clark Gable
Katherine Hepburn
Myrna Loy
William Powell

By this point I had only covered the 1920's and 1930's
with three more decades to go. I stopped writing, read every word,
and went around again. They are all fabulous 
and the catalogue is equally as impressive.



Stay a while...the National Portrait Gallery is a treasure in itself.
You could easily pass the day.

Before I go...I admit I had one absolute favourite...

Evelyn Brent, 1899-1975
Image taken by Henry Wasman, 1925

If you see this exhibit, you will leave thinking much as I did,
about another time, on the silent screen....



The exhibit runs through 23 October.


All images from the Joun Kobal Foundation, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to go. NPG is my favourite museum in London and this exhibition looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne, I am so happy to know about this. I will definitely be seeing it. You are so helpful!
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget