Book reviews, writers retreats and Marcel Proust


This is for book lovers everywhere. Especially those of you who commented on my last post... 
A Love Affair and 84 Charing Cross Road, here

A few posts ago I wrote about the London Review of Books.
I had recently discovered it and have since subscribed. I have to say each issue since has been a treat. 
It has become my travel companion, taking me from station to station around London.

Yesterday, I read through the topics that interested me most and deciding that I must pick up
the latest book, Blue Nights by Joan Didion, I moved onto the classifieds. I am not sure 
what it is about English magazines/newspapers and classifieds but I feel compelled to read them.
When I do, I feel like I am sliding into another world.



I know this sounds random, but I have a feeling some of you will be just as intrigued.

Thinking of taking a creative writing class...at Oxford? 
Read on...


Interested in visiting Bloomsbury..the heart of 'British Bookselling'?
Read on....


Fancy a writers retreat in France or England?
Read on...


Thinking of Venice?
Marcel Proust did too....



Want to know the Top 10 Bestsellers at the London Review Bookshop?
Here you go....




Am I enjoying my subscription to the London Review of Books
Absolutely!

If you want to get in on the reading...you can check it out here.

PS..
My enthusiasm is totally unsolicited. I just like it 
and if I like it, I think of you. :)

images by me
on my kitchen table :)



2 comments:

  1. Inside the orange circle.
    Oh, you are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lord - this made me start daydreaming.

    Thinking of taking a creative writing class...at Oxford? Yes, now I am!

    Interested in visiting Bloomsbury..the heart of 'British Bookselling'? Always!!

    Fancy a writers retreat in France or England? Yes, please.

    Thinking of Venice? You know I always do.

    Am I enjoying YOUR subscription to the London Review of Books?
    Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget