Finding magic in Kew


I was popping into my car in Kew (outside of London), focusing on the traffic around me and determining how long it would take to get home. If you know Kew, you will know that you have to anticipate these sort of things at the end of the day.  Just before I drove off, I stopped and looked out the window. This was one of the moments that you do not pass up. The sun was shining, the light was right, I knew what must be done. I turned off the car, grabbed my camera, took this photo and stood their for a while. It is so easy to take what is around us for granted. We race, we hurry, we plan ahead but when we stop and take it all in...it's magic. 

Do you know the feeling?
I am sure he did.


Speaking of stopping and taking it all in.
I have done that with one of my blogs, CJ Sytle Notes.
If you followed me there, I thank you most sincerely.
My last post is below, if you enjoy style, read on...


I started this blog as a test. I was working on a presentation 
to show a group of women how to start a blog. 
I called it the first thing that came into my head. 
I was looking at the photo above and thought..perfect..
..everything I love... cashmere and jeans. 
Once the presentation was over, I thought on it and decided to add a few 
more things and before I knew it I was compiling another blog. 
Over time, Cashmerejeans became CJ Style Notes and
16 months later, here I am. 

On that note, I have decided to consolidate. I am in downsizing mode. 
 I will continue to write over at Collage of Life, my HQ so to speak.
Style will always be on my mind...the kind that suits women of my age, 
the very best kind of age. :)

I want to thank each and every one of you who followed this blog.
Sincerely!

If you enjoy the same sort of style, you can still find me 
pinning away on CJ Travel and Style Notes @ Pinterest.

I will also write about my kind of style @ Collage of Life.

Before I go, I will end with the most popular posts
during the past 16 months. Is there any better way
to end than with women of enduring style and elegance?

Vanessa Redgrave here
Candice Bergen, here

Lauren Bacall, here

Diane Keaton, here
Meryl Streep and others in Praise of Older Women, here.
Jackie Kennedy Onassis, here.
Grace Kelly, here.
 and..


Katharine Hepburn, here

In the end, it really is about just being yourself.
Don't you think?

Jeanne xx

The End.

5 comments:

  1. Jeanne,

    So beautiful. I was thinking the same today...as I stopped to take in the fog coming off the water. It is the little moments in life...

    Thank you for sharing your special moment, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was the most stunning sunset last night, making time to take it all in is what a happy life is partly about, I really agree. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love every single one of these amazing and beautiful women. And you are so right -- sometimes you have to get out of the car with the camera (or whatever) and savor the beauty in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, for so many reasons! I used to live near Kew and I miss it. We do need to stop and enjoy the moment, when it is gone it is too late. These women have true beauty, matured and resonating. Really enjoyed looking.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget