Street Walking with Dickens

London street by Jeanne @ Collage of Life

London street, a photo by Jeanne @ Collage of Life on Flickr.
Walking along the streets of London yesterday, I caught this street out of the corner of my eye. I had just left the Museum of London. There is a wonderful exhibit on, 'Dickens and London'...it is worth a visit to learn more about this fascinating man. He was partial to night walking the streets of London when he had bouts of insomnia. It was here that he listened and watched and developed ideas for his books. While I was street walking, I thought of his night walking and snapped this pic. I would have loved to follow in his foot steps....

11 comments:

  1. There are so many layers of history in the old London streets aren't there? I will try to get to that exhibition, sounds great. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda...I really enjoyed it. Be sure to stop at the Dicken's Dream exhibit...fascinating! :)xx

      Delete
  2. Your photos are always so amazing and th
    Is looks exceptiionally interesting. I think thee are many fascinating things in London but seeing them through your eyes is extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Songwriter gave me a complete, and completely gorgeous, set of Dickens for Christmas. I hope to read them all this year. It was so easy to imagine him in this fabulous photo, Jeanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful light and great capture! A lovely photo,Jeanne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to hear how shall I say "other writers" get inspiration. Insomnia is no fun, but if it turns out to be a source of ideas, all is not lost. To walk where famous people have walked put you closer to their mindset and their way of thinking. Thanks for sharing the photo and information on the exhibit. Wish I were there to go see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab picture Jeanne. Have you been to Rules restaurant in Covent Garden. Dickens used to pen many of his works there. If you are in a Dickens mood, it would be a great place to dine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that one is still going when we're in London next month. Only one day -- too many things to choose from but I do like Dickens! I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jeanne, how lucky you are to be in London right now with all the exhibitions around town on Dickens. Your photo is right out of Dickens, I agree. I have read about his street walking and you captured the mood completely!
    xx Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss my very few days I had in London, already a couple of years back! You turn the time for me, I love to see through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget