The Royal Collection


I have been hemming and hawing.
Not quite sure what I wanted to purchase as a commemorative item
for the Diamond Jubilee of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II.

Today, I spent the day at Windsor Castle and made up my mind. 
One look at the Royal Collection and I knew what I wanted.
For my desk, a Diamond Jubilee Lion Head Beaker for my favourite flowers
and a Diamond Jubilee Pillbox Clock to remember our time living in England.
I keep telling myself that it will end there but as the
excitement mounts for the upcoming festivities, I can feel myself weakening.

Have a look here, what would you purchase as a keepsake?




Diamond Jubilee Lion Head Beaker

Product code: 013579
This official range of English fine bone china celebrates the Diamond Jubilee of H.M. Queen Elizabeth II and has been commissioned by the Royal Collection. The Royal Coat of Arms has been specially painted for the occasion. The border decoration is based on the famous Rockingham Service, made between 1830 and 1837 for William IV who was a great patron of English porcelain. It was first used at Queen Victoria’s coronation banquet in 1838.
This English fine bone china is entirely made by hand in Staffordshire using traditional methods unchanged for 250 years. Each piece is finished with 22 carat gold.



Diamond Jubilee Pillbox Clock

Product code: 013576
This official commemorative English fine bone china pillbox clock has been specially commissioned by the Royal Collection to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. The Royal Coat of Arms has been specially painted to commemorate the occasion. The border decoration is based on the famous Rockingham Service, made between 1830 and 1837 for William IV who was a great patron of English fine bone china. It was first used at Queen Victoria’s coronation banquet in 1838. 
This English fine bone china pillbox clock is made in Staffordshire, England entirely by hand using traditional methods unchanged for 250 years. Each piece is hand finished with 22 carat gold.



Images, references and purchase information to the 
Diamond Jubilee Lion Head Beaker here 
and the Diamond Jubilee Pillbox Clock here

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I think you've chosen wisely. The Beaker is lovely, as is the pill box. I would be sorely tempted by that teapot. So very Alice in Wonderland, don't you think? But I would most likely purchase one perfect tea cup and saucer.... for my morning tea. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are both beautiful, but I would chose the little clock. And after looking at all the other things, I liked the tea caddy too. Thanks for the shopping trip with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to decide what to buy! I bought a tea towel last year for the Royal Wedding. But I think the Jubilee deserves something more substantial. I think a trip to Selfridges is in my immediate future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same problem :) I bought a tea towel for the Jubilee because it doesn't take up much space. I'm so into it now, but I'm not sure how I'll feel about it when out of context. Your selections are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget