Still finding my way in England...


This past month of April, I seemed to be everywhere but England.
As much as I love to travel, it is always a nice feeling knowing
that you do not have to pack a bag for a while. I have ten
weeks left before we move to Vietnam and I have a plan. 

I started this blog for people like myself, expats moving to England,
who were looking to explore. It has been a wonderful experience to
write on this blog. It has been a journey, one that I will never forget.

I am not quite done. I want to leave this blog as a resource to others.
It may take me longer than the time we have left in England but I will 
get there. I will be consolidating posts from my other blogs. If some
of them look familiar, please bare with me while I undergo a bit of re-construction.

As always, I am still finding my way in England....
:)

My most recent post, @ Collage of Life..


I pass this house nearly every day in one traffic jam or another. I love the 'Garden Cottage' sign.
Today..I took a photo..while sitting in traffic.

As I write, the sun is setting over Surrey. It feels good to mention this as it has been a while since we have seen the sun. Isn't it amazing what a difference those warm rays of sunshine can make in your day? Today, it made me stop and think of our remaining time in England. It is hard to believe that we are now counting down...ten weeks to moving day. I have decided to take extra care each day, to really look closely at my surroundings and capture it the best I can.

This may be something you want to try yourself. Think back to when you first moved to your home/town/city. Do you remember what you thought when you took it all in the first time? I find, that as time passes, we often do not see it in the same light. Think of all the things you saw today...can you recollect many details? It often goes by in a blur. We remember the appointments, the drive, the shopping, the commute, the meals...but do you remember the flowers that were in bloom as you walked outside, do you remember how the light hit buildings as you passed by, do you remember the colour of the grass, the sound of the birds, did you have any moments when time stood still for you, for just a little while. I made it happen for me today, and I took photos along the way. If I had not taken the following photos, I could not have told you much about my day..I was just busy. Now, looking back, it was pretty special. I look forward to seeing what tomorrow brings.



The setting sun on our backyard.


My 'Alice in Wonderland' shot...taken from the outside, looking in.. to my desk.


The rain is working it's magic on our English garden.


Tika and I in search of bluebells near our home.


The ride home...


Along our street...


Around the corner from our home...

A rough draft of this post, written at our kitchen table.

Looking up and greeting the moon.

 Ok..now it's your turn. 
Take a few snaps of your day and if you do, let me know... 
I would love to hear all about it. I hope you find a few
unexpected surprises. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget