03 November 2012

Finding my way in Vietnam...


My English Pashley bicycle and me...happily riding
the streets of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.


Some may wonder where I have been....my last post was some months ago.
Some will know that I have moved, one week after my last post
on Juy 3, 2012... to Vietnam.

I had plans...I was planning to write on this blog from afar.
Then something happened, I had hoped it wouldn't.
I felt homesick...for England.
Silly thing that, I am not English, and we only lived in Surrey
for two and a half years. The shortest expat experience for us yet.

But it happened...not the first time and surely not the last.
I found it hard to even visit the blog....I did not want to mix emotions.
When you move to a new home, a new country...you need to stay focused.
Staying stuck in the past never did anyone any good, surely not for me.

You learn to look at life as a series of layers...beautiful travel layers.
Our time in England was one of them...wonderful people and experiences.
Our lives are richer for each and every one.

I feel better about it now...I have hit the three month stretch.
I separate the first year into three, six and twelve month increments.
With each, comes an ease, when you start to feel more comfortable 
and accepting of your new surroundings.

Then...one day it hits you...it is not over.
Whose to say what will come next?
In an expat world...you never say never.
I could be walking the streets of London once again.
In fact, one way or another, I know I will.

That's the moment when you accept your move
that's the moment when you come back to a blog you missed, 
to say... I am not far away...just Vietnam. Even better, I am
 a 'click' away to where I write more frequently @ Collage of Life.

I know many of you join me there already...and I thank you immensely for that!
If others have wondered where I have been
and would like to continue the journey with me.
You can meet me in Ho Chi Minh City...here.

I will not close this blog down...because you never know...
I could be finding my way around England once again...
fingers crossed. :)

Until then, you can find me at Chateau Mango..
writing away... here.




images~ jeanne

3 comments:

  1. I love it that we met in London.
    I've been homesick for Great Britain my entire life.
    No, don't close this one down, Jeanne!
    xo,
    p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne,

    Such heartfelt words. I am sure that people cannot even begin to imagine all the emotions that you feel each time you move. It is funny ow one becomes attached to a place and I could definitely see why your would be homesick for England.

    I have a feeling dear Jeanne that your adventures are not over in England as there are many friends waiting and many places you have yet to see...and we will be waiting to read about them.

    In the meantime the adventures in Vietnam have me entranced...it is so very different from anything I have ever lived.

    Your grace, determination and persistence are an inspiration! You always seem to find the bright side of life!

    Have a wonderful day, thinking of you,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pity, I've just found your wonderful blog some months ago and here's the end of it for now... I'm really sad, because your writting made me feel I'm closer to Britain, which to I've never been but I love it passionately. Well, life goes on. Wish you all the best there in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete

Share it