Flashback: The French House in London



I set off into London with a list.
A list of stores where I could potentially buy a new sofa.
I had done my research, had a few suggestions and was raring to go.

I had one store in mind when I hopped off the Parsons Green tube stop in London.
I have my A-Z London App. on my iphone...it always gets me where I need to go.

But...
I got lost and that was ok. 
I always tell my kids the fun doesn't begin until you get lost.
That is when the true adventure begins.

As I wandered the streets, I spotted a bicycle. 

If you follow Collage of Life, you will know
what happens when I spot a bicycle...a photo is usually involved.

It is sort of like the children' story, If You Give a Pig a Pancake,
one thing leads to another and before you know it...

So..I saw the bicycle and thought I would investigate. 




Can you see why? This building had 'investigate' written all over it. 
The French House is hard to describe...you have to enter to truly appreciate it.




 Are any of you like me and
feel the thrill when you spot a tumble of this and that?




I had a feeling it could only get better... and it did. :)


The French House hit every note with me. 
I walked through it again and again,
taking in every inch of it and let me tell you...
that says a lot because
this warehouse type store is filled to the brim.


Potential was written over every piece. 
My heart was racing.


And then I spotted it. The chaise longue below. 
No matter that it was torn here and there, that it had
 been patched up to no end. I took one look and 
the chair instantly transported me to every country 
I have ever travelled to over the years. 
I had found my travelling chaise longue.



 I am now the happy owner. The chaise longue is going to be rebuilt for me, 
lovingly restored with this and that and the original fabric 
which happens to be an old carpet. I know...some of you may think 
I have completely lost my senses but you know
when something is right, it is right. Have you ever had that feeling?

There is only one little teensy weensy problem.
I have no where to put it.
My kids would tell you... what I say to them in this situation.
'If there is a will...there is a way'.

Oh yes, when I got home the kids 
asked how I went with my couch search.

Ooops... 
I must get onto that... I did manage a photo.
I will save that for another day.






Original Post..here.

1 comment:

  1. One the way up to Austin, (TX) oddly enough there is this antique store off the road. One sweeping glance at what was out on the lawn had me swerving off the highway. It was amazing. All sorts of antique imports from Europe were piled up inside. I cannot wait to head back to Austin in June because I want to build in some time to REALLY stop. I picked up some great pewter kitchenware but I want to look at their huge columns for a patio/pergola idea...

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget